DOWN PAYMENT ASSISTANCE PROGRAMS IN MN
- Tired of Renting? Ready to become a homeowner?
- Have OK Credit and stable employment?
- Have a few
thousand in the bank?
- Have at least $1,000 for down payment?
How We Can Help You Buy a Home
Owning a home is much more than a financial transaction. It means independence, growth, and a place to share with family and friends. We offer the programs and resources that will help you buy a home and be a successful homeowner.
Affordable, fixed interest rates
A variety of loan options – purchase, refinance, downpayment, home improvement – to meet your needs
Knowledgeable local Loan Officers
More than 25 years of experience supporting Minnesotans
Whether you’re just starting your home search or ready to tackle home improvements, we’ve got you covered.
It all starts by completeing a no obligation loan application.
Watch this Down Payment Assistance Video
We Can Probably Help You Buy a Home!
Mortgages Unlimited has been helping Minnesota first time homebuyers since 1991. We partner with the Minnesota Housing Finance Agency (MHFA) to offer safe and affordable home loans, including loans combined with down payment assistance.
Why Choose An First Time Home Buyer Loan?
- Below market affordable interest rates
- Special programs available anywhere in Minnesota
- Down Payment Assistance loans for eligible homebuyers
- No payment today interest free assistance loans for those who qualify
- Payment due assistance loans with income sup to just over $100,000/yr
To Be Eligible for Down Payment Assistance
- Be a first time homebuyer (have NOT owned a home the past 3-years)
- Be credit qualified, with an acceptable credit score (minimum score varies based on underlaying loan program). Lowest acceptable score for any program is 640. Call (651) 552-3681 for score requirements
- Have at least $1,000 of your own money for down payment (or 1% of the purchase price if home is under $100,000)
- Meet down payment assistance household income requirements
- Meet program requirements for sale price of the home
- Meet standard FHA loan, USDA Loan, VA Loan, or Conventional loan guidelines
First Time Home Buyer and Down Payment Assistance Guidelines
Follow this link to view current
How To Apply for First Time Home Buyer Loans
It's easy! Simply fill out the online mortgage loan application, or call us at (651) 552-3681. We can take your application over the phone, or schedule an appointment at our St Paul, MN office.